With a small administrative staff, ArtMix greatly benefits from having interns in the office. Different from the Urban Artisans internship, administrative interns gain office skills by assisting with tasks in program management, marketing and outreach, and fundraising and development.
Many previous interns have been college-aged students from various Indiana colleges and universities, including the following:
- Butler University
- Franklin College
- University of Indianapolis
- Valparaiso University
Interns utilize the experiences in the ArtMix office to meet internship requirements with their degree program. ArtMix can be flexible with students to ensure they meet their requirements. While being flexible with scheduling, ArtMix does require that interns be capable and confident in their role as an intern. ArtMix also expects interns to:
- display respect for all people,
- maintain confidentiality with sensitive and personal information,
- exhibit an openness to learning about art and disability,
- demonstrate a willingness to have new experiences and gain new skills,
- be a self-started and take initiative, and
- have an optimistic outlook.
The ideal ArtMix intern is passionate about the ArtMix mission, enjoys learning and seeks out opportunities to gain knowledge. ArtMix gives preference to interns in their junior or senior years of college and recent graduates, but accepts applications from individuals of any age. To apply to be an administrative intern please fill out the form below and attach your resume and cover letter stating why you would like to intern with ArtMix.